We believe that a broad and balanced science education is the entitlement of all children. Our aims in teaching science include:
- Building on children’s natural curiosity and developing a scientific approach to problems.
- Preparing children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world.
- Helping children acquire a progressive understanding of scientific ideas.
- Giving children the experience of scientific processes.
- Helping children to acquire practical scientific skills.
- Fostering concern about, and appreciation of, our environment.
- Building children’s self-confidence to enable them to work independently and developing their skills to work with others
- providing children with an enjoyable experience of science, so that they will develop a deep and lasting interest and be motivated to study science further.
Science Policy 2017 - 18